~Beautiful sunshine to start the day off.
~Listened to some songs we have selected in memory of her:
Feels Like Home (Chantal Kreviazuk)
Oh Susannah
Untitled Hymn (Chris Rice)
Edelwiess (The Innocence Mission)
Father and Son (Cat Stevens)
~Wanted to enjoy nature and go for a nice walk with James riding his bike but his chain fell off--I cried. I couldn't get it back on so we drove to the park. Boo! Just when I thought it couldn't be much worse of a morning, James called to me while I was getting David out of the van. I looked around the van and both of the kids had been walking in deep mud to get to the playground and got stuck. I had to go in after them. My shoes looked like this after I picked them out of the mud. I had a short meltdown and then after realizing it could get worse-much worse (I saw a dead skunk beside the playground but wasn't sure it was dead at first), relaxed and tried to enjoy myself while we were there. Thankfully, they were still able to play since James had a pair of boots in the van. Hannah just wore her socks. On the way home, James had to wear only his underwear since everything else on him was dirty.
~When James saw a bug in the house he asked if he could keep it as a pet. When Mark took it outside he got upset. He has been asking for a pet quite regularly for a while now. Poor kid, but we just can't have a pet right now.
~David rolled over from his stomach to his back multiple times tonight-and both ways. James and Hannah were SO excited each time. He seemed to love the encouragement.
~David LOVES music. When I sing to him he smiles, sometimes laughs and moves his mouth like he is trying to sing too.
Hugs to you. I can't believe it's been 3 years since Susie died. :( Sounds like a rough morning otherwise, too!
ReplyDelete