Thursday, October 28, 2010

Reinforcements have arrived

~Mark's mom arrived today and I finally began feeling more relaxed just before she got here (no worries about having to call a new friend in the middle of the night to babysit). She's already been such a help and blessing. The first thing that Hannah did when she walked in the door was run around the livingroom excited. Both James and Hannah just sat and adored her most of the evening.
~After dinner, Carol, the kids and I went to the library to a costume dance party. James dressed up like a dragon and Hannah like a giraffe. It was like a square dance/ceilidh for kids and adults, with live music and a caller. The kids did FANTASTIC! The dance went on for an hour and the kids were engaged, participants and enjoyed every minute of it. I got to join in the action too, which was nice. We possibly danced more than anyone else there, and the room was full.
~Mark and I went on a little date tonight, for one of the first times since we moved here (I think we might have gone out once while Bethany was here the first week). We just went to Chili's for dessert and then to the grocery store, but it was very nice. Who knows if/when we will get to do that again before Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment