Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Little things

~James is still practicing his name, among other words.

~Hannah is starting to try to make sentences out of all of the words she now knows. She is also becoming more intelligible, which is helpful.
~I ordered a cd of Gregorian Chant for when I'm in labor, and the kids love to run around the livingroom in circles and "dance" to the music.
~James and Hannah seem to enjoy bossing both Mark and I around. They tell us what we can and cannot do every chance they can.
~I'm nesting. I dusted, cleaned bathrooms, vacuumed, cleaned up the kitchen and did laundry today. I didn't leave the property until dinner time for our weekly run to Cici's pizza.
~The kids new favorite song is "The Lord's Army". Hannah is still obsessed with "Happy Birthday", but gets a lot of enjoyment out of doing the actions in songs.
~We finally got the bike set up (it was dismantled during the move) and attached the bike trailer. I've taken the kids for a little ride, and then Mark and I both took them out just down the street. They love the ride, and I am was not uncomfortable at all. I can't go that fast, but that's about it.
~I met my doula today. She isn't available if I give birth over a few days around my due date (to go to her brother's wedding in Texas), so I am getting her services for free. She is a photographer, and takes photos at the birth and during labor, if you like. She is around for the whole labor, and comes for a postpartum visit too. She is young, and very enthusiastic. I think that we are going to get along really well. I hope she is available while I am in labor. It will be so great to have her along for the ride.
~James and Hannah were in her room today just before naptime, while I was making James' bed. I overheard him praying for her just like I do with him at nighttime. He was so serious. It was beautiful to listen to.
~Last Saturday we joined a new friend and her family in attending a chestnut roast festival. We tried roasted chestnuts (takes a little like potato) and sampled a bunch of different local foods and sauces. The kids favorite part: they thoroughly enjoyed a fun kid-size straw bale maze.

No comments:

Post a Comment