Saturday, May 7, 2011

And a gardener is born... or perhaps two or three

~James, Hannah and I planted our first vegetable garden. We've included carrots, beans, peas, zucchini and cucumbers. James and Hannah helped weed and turn the soil and also put seeds into the ground and watered them. James sang songs he had learned at school while we planted. I should get him to tell me the words so that I can put them here. Included in the garden is a cucumber plant we purchased at the farmer's market as well as some peas that James grew at school. I am so excited to eat food that we have grown. I hope that the rabbits don't get to the food before we do.

~Hannah loved visiting the horses at the Equestrian center for MU today. She was so enthralled by the horses that she wouldn't leave the fence, even when the horses were led away out of sight. We enjoyed a perfect ending to a horsey day by watching the Kentucky Derby.
~David is chatting up a storm saying so many letter sounds now.
~David is trying really hard to figure out how to "crawl". He is also sitting up very well now. He still tumbles to the side after a little while, but he can sit and balance himself pretty impressively.
~We celebrated James' half birthday today with lemon cupcakes and icing. The kids went wild afterward.
~I tried to make my first wool diaper cover from a re-purposed sweater over the past few days. My new friend, Melody, however, ended up helping me quite a bit. It has pretty much become a beautiful gift. I will have to try again soon. It is VERY difficult to do any sewing with my machine not working right, and 6 kids to tend to (between the two of us).

No comments:

Post a Comment