Thursday, April 8, 2010

Obsession-no?

~Hannah's daddy obsession continues. She had at least 2 meltdowns tonight because daddy left the room and she had to do something else.
~Hannah also is becoming obsessed with books. She found a devotional book of mine tonight and has barely put it down. She keeps saying "book (without a k sound)" over and over and sitting down turning the pages. Also, she absolutely loves the "Daddy Hugs" book by Karen Katz. She is starting to recognize every page, doing actions and helping me "read" it. So cute.
~James sat nicely with me (big feat over the past week with him being sick) and did a devotional, learning about speaking properly and not making wrong choices when we are mad. Afterward he asked me to sing the song from Robert Munsch's I'll love you Forever. After I sang it to him, he asked if I could sing it like I was sick (this is part of the story if you haven't read it before). I did it, and then he pretended to rock me and sang the song to me like at the end of the book. SO CUTE!!!
~We went to the Ecomuseum Zoo today. It was a little lame. Most of the animals were sleeping, and it was cold and windy. Not quite what I was going for; although, the kids seemed to enjoy it. James did say on the ride home that he did not have a favourite part of the trip, so maybe he thought that it was just almost as lame as I did. He was so excited to see the black bear, but when we got there, it was laying down far away from us. We did end up seeing a coyote and a wolf up close, and there were lots of turtles and owls.
~James has been practicing his crokinole game. He is getting better. He has a current obsession of flicking things. Every time he flicks something at the table, I suggest he go and play the game. I wonder how long this will last...
~James loves to show how strong (and mighty) he is by tightening his fists.
~Tower building and block bin dumping is a regular affair each day. It's almost rare to see the whole floor in the basement these days.
~Mark just got back from giving a "key note address" in Florida. He had a great opportunity to talk about suffering and the crisis in Haiti.
~James and Hannah enjoyed spraying water all over the deck yesterday morning in the rain. Hannah is starting to want to go outside first thing in the morning these days. Unfortunately, the weather was not as warm today as it has been over the past week. While inside or outside, she often enjoys watching the squirrels and the birds behind our back deck.
~Mark just complimented my spaghetti. This is a big deal. He thought that it was Ryan's sauce from a week ago! This is the first time he has REALLY liked my spaghetti. I've been working on it for many years now, but I think that the key comes down to Italian seasoning. I'm pleased.
~My current, well, I guess it's sort of been a life long obsession, is cheese bread toasted with butter. I just bought a loaf and am trying really hard not to eat the whole loaf in one sitting. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment