Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Glenna Ella McKinley

-On December 28th we received the news that my aunt Glenna had passed away. She died in her sleep after a second bought of sickness in recent months while in a Creemore nursing home at age 72.
-Laury and I were trying to plan a family get together for around that time, but never expected it to plan itself. Our family has an all to often ability to gather in this way as tragedy strikes us way too much:(
-The funeral was on the second of January and I was asked to read a beautiful eulogy that my cousin Andrea had written since she is Australia. Mark was a pallbearer.
-Uncle Bill and Matthew were shown love and support and we will continue to keep them in our thoughts and prayers.
-Amidst the tears and sadness, our family had a wonderful time together catching up, singing, and being silly.
-We will miss you Aunt Glenna. However, we are so glad that you are finally whole, and that you are praising God and rejoicing with your family and friends in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about aunt Glenna. I am glad that you were able to be there to be a loving support to Matthew and Uncle Bill. I know that this is so difficult for you and your family. Sending you love and lifting you and your sisters up to your Heavenly Father for love and healing.
    With love
    Deb Weeda Tiede

    ReplyDelete